Do you want to write about the 1980s?
“In The 1980s” is a website on pop culture of the 1980s. Our topics include 1980s fads, news, celebrities and entertainment. This is a fun, nostalgic website on an era gone by. We hope that it will entertain and inform the visitor of this great decade. Because we are constantly growing, In The 1980s is actively seeking new content that pertains to the 1980s. Interesting topics include pivotal moments, artist/band bios, information on specific fads or trends during this time period, and anything else about the 1980s that is interesting.
Visitors to “In The 1980s” come here because of their interest in a particular aspect of this decade. Your article will help add to a great website visitor experience. Furthermore, all visitor comments are moderated to ensure they add to the discussion and are constructive in nature.
You can reap a lot of benefits by publishing on “In The 1980s”. Your content will reach an ever growing audience who have a desire to learn more about your topic. 80s pop culture aficionados will discuss your story via website comments and through sharing on social media. These actions will not only help you gauge viewer interest, but also provide you enormous exposure and create interest in future work.
Speaking of future work, In The 1980s is actively seeking exceptional authors who wish to submit content on a regular basis. These authors will be paid for their content. Contact us for details.
All article submissions must follow these rules:
- Any submission must be unique and the submitters own work.
- Article must be 800+ words and preferably 1000.
- Submissions must be researched with all links documented.
- If adding a photo, please list copyright/owner information.
- Avoid topics which cannot be verified or may be questionable in nature.
- Do not submit an article that was already posted elsewhere.
- The author must also register on this site and include a three to four sentence bio as well as their digital photograph.
If this interests you, please contact us so we can begin the process of getting you listed as an author on In The 1980s.
How Do I Become an Author on “In The 1980s”?
Here are the steps you have to take in order to publish an article on In The 1980s
- Contact us at the link above to let us know you’re interested.
- Include a two paragraph excerpt of the article you wish to submit. Excerpt must be unique and not already online.
- In The 1980s will contact you after reviewing the excerpt.
- If selected, you will be asked to provide a user name for your account.
- You will be asked to provide a short bio for your Author profile.
- You will also be asked to submit a digital image of yourself for the Author profile
Don’t be discouraged if you see your topic already covered on “In The 1980s”. There are multiple facets to every story and visitors will love to read your perspective on it.
“In The 1980s” staff can, in its sole and absolute discretion, decide if the article will be published or if it should be removed from our database. By submitting your content, you grant “In The 1980s” a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide license to publish your content via any medium.
How to submit content to “In The 1980s”?
As an author you will be granted additional privileges on “In The 1980s”. Authors have the ability to write content directly on the website, but knowledge of WordPress is required. If you need assistance, we can help. Alternatively, an author can submit content via email. However, the author has more creative control when using the WordPress system.
Thank you for your interest in publishing content on “In The 1980s” and we look forward to reading your work!
In The 1980s staff